Safe Elective Surgery Available Carolina Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Center
The specialty-trained surgeons at Carolina Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Center have resumed elective surgery, or scheduled nonemergency surgery, for their patients. Since the state has more than adequate stocks of health care resources, including personal protective equipment, ventilators, etc., Carolina Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Center offers elective and emergency surgical treatment and in-office care while continuing to follow health authority safety guidelines to protect their patients and staff. Patients in need of specialized bone, joint and muscle care are encouraged to call 704-865-0077 to schedule a safe appointment at 2345 Court Drive. Orthopaedic telemedicine appointments are also available. Please note that telemedicine appointments are conducted at the discretion of the individual provider.
“For 68 years, we’ve had the privilege of providing orthopaedic care to Gastonia and the surrounding areas, and we continue to safely serve the musculoskeletal needs of our community,” says CEO Chad Gourley of Carolina Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Center. “Because our state’s supplies of medical resources are at the appropriate levels, we have resumed surgery so area residents no longer have to wait for the advanced orthopaedic care they need and deserve.”
Carolina Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Center will provide surgical care in the state-of-the-art operating rooms of CaroMont Regional Medical Center. Their surgeons and specialized medical staff strictly follow the latest and highest standards in patient safety and will take extra precautions.
The practice continues to adhere to the strict protocols they have in place to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in their offices, including:
- All exam rooms, tables, etc. are disinfected between patients.
- All commonly used surfaces are disinfected multiple times per day with an agent proven to be effective against COVID-19.
- Rigorous hand hygiene protocol is enforced for all Carolina Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Center team members.
- The practice is screening patients and visitors as they come into the office with questions and temperature checks.
- Those patients with symptoms will be asked to leave and reschedule their appointment and to contact their primary care physician or local ER for care and guidance. In the rare instance when the appointment is for a musculoskeletal emergency or urgency, the practice adheres to rigorous CDC and public health protocols designed to prevent transmission.
- The practice is encouraging patients to limit the number of visitors they bring to an appointment to no more than one person.
- The practice has suspended all nonessential vendor visits to the office.
- All nonessential business travel has been eliminated.
- Any member of the Carolina Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Center team who meets any of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention exposure guidelines for COVID-19 will be required to follow CDC guidelines for testing and quarantine.
- Orthopaedic telemedicine appointments are available for existing patients.
- All staff members are wearing face masks.
- The practice is also screening employees every day as they enter the building.
“We’re incredibly grateful for the trust our patients have placed in us and for our community’s efforts to work together to combat COVID-19 and its strain on our health system,” says Ghorley. “We are excited to once again offer our patients safe elective surgical treatment, and we’ll continue to work hard every day to ensure we provide the exceptional orthopaedic care our patients deserve.”
While Carolina Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Center resumes scheduling patients for elective surgery as well as initial and follow-up appointments in their offices, their providers also offer orthopaedic telemedicine visits to provide remote consultation for bone, joint and muscle problems. In the event of a fall or other accident, Carolina Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Center’s QuickAccess clinic also continues to offer immediate care for urgent orthopaedic injuries, such as sprains, fractures or dislocations.
To learn more or to schedule an appointment with one of the experts at Carolina Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Center, please call 704-865-0077.