As the most versatile joint in the human body, our shoulder joint provides us with a tremendous amount of flexibility. However, this range of motion can lead to shoulder pain or discomfort.
In most cases, pain in the shoulder can be the result of one of four main causes: inflammation, instability, arthritis, or a fracture.
Symptoms of a possible shoulder condition or injury include:
- Pain and stiffness in or around the shoulder joint
- Limited shoulder mobility
- Difficulty and/or inability to reach overhead
- Shoulder joint pain that keeps you awake at night
- A popping or grinding feeling when using the afflicted shoulder
To consult with one of our shoulder doctors, please request an appointment online, or call 704-865-0077.
Why choose Carolina Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Center?
Our specialty-trained shoulder doctors at Carolina Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Center have completed additional training in the shoulder. With this advanced training, Dr. Erik Johnson, Dr. Christopher Prato, and Dr. H. Clayton Thomason have the experience and expertise to assess, diagnose, and treat your shoulder injury or condition individually to your needs.