Our physical therapists at Carolina Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Center are experts in providing physical therapy and rehabilitation services for patients with orthopaedic injuries and conditions in Gastonia.
Physical therapy, also referred to as PT, is a branch of rehabilitative health that uses physical treatments to care for injuries, conditions, and diseases. It is an extensive field that can be broken down into different therapy subspecialties. Some of the different types of therapies include:
- Neurological physical therapy
- Orthopaedic physical therapy
- Pediatric physical therapy
- Vestibular rehabilitation
The overall goal of physical therapy is to make movement and daily activities easier. It is used by physical therapists and physical therapist assistants to reduce pain, aid in recovery, restore muscle function, and improve range of motion. Physical therapy is also used as preventative care to help patients avoid future injuries. Patients who need to increase their strength or improve their overall health and well-being could benefit from physical therapy services offered by physical therapists.
Doctors often recommend physical therapy for patients who have a chronic condition, need rehabilitation for a sports injury, or just underwent surgery.
Our Therapists in Gastonia
Our physical therapists, Jamie Giannattasio, PT, DPT, Lanae Noah, OTR, CHT, and Katie Piscatelli, PT, ATC, are highly trained, certified health professionals. They have undergone extensive physical therapy education and training to assess, diagnose, and offer care and treatment for patients with injuries and conditions.
With experience in physical therapy as well as occupational therapy and hand therapy, our physical therapists are dedicated to delivering the highest quality of physical therapy care. Our therapists work together, as well as with our providers and clinical staff, to create personalized treatment plans that meet the individual needs of each patient. They will then work one-on-one with patients to make sure all therapeutic exercises are performed correctly.
Using the most advanced, evidence-based techniques and modalities, our physical therapists provide care for patients with injuries and conditions of the musculoskeletal system. Our physical therapists use the following therapeutic techniques:
- Electrical stimulation with or without dry needling
- Exercise prescription
- Functional movement assessment
- Gait assessment and training
- Postural training
- TENS units for pain control
Our physical therapists also offer the following manual techniques:
- Astym® treatment: Decreases pain, improves movement, and aids in regenerating soft tissue
- Cupping/rock pods: Decreases soft tissue adhesions as well as associated pain
- Dry needling: Treats trigger points, provides chronic pain management, and improves tissue flexibility and mobility
- Flossing: Aids in the treatment of soft tissue and fascial restrictions that can cause decreased performance in sports and daily activities
- Joint manipulation: Improves tissue and joint extensibility, decreases pain, and improves return to function
- Rock blades: Provides myofascial stimulation, increases circulation and flexibility, and decreases swelling and bruising
- RockTape/Kinesio Tape: Assists with pain control, muscle facilitation, and swelling management
- Soft tissue manipulation: Hands-on treatment for various muscle groups and joints
- Spinal manipulation: Treatment that uses gentle pressure with movement or popping of joints
Why Choose Carolina Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Center for Physical Therapy?
Our physical therapists at Carolina Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Center offer patients comprehensive physical therapy services in Gastonia.
Combining exercises and activities to help patients restore joint and muscular function, strength, and range of motion for sports and musculoskeletal injuries and conditions, our physical therapists are dedicated to getting patients back to their active lifestyles. With their advanced training and certification, our therapists help patients increase mobility, improve posture, and correct body mechanics through therapy and rehabilitation programs.
To learn more about our physical therapy department or to schedule an appointment, please call Carolina Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Center at 704-865-0077.