At Carolina Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Center, we are committed to providing our patients with the most advanced, evidence-based treatment options. That’s why our physical medicine and rehabilitation expert, Dr. Tejas Parikh, is proud to offer the Nevro HF10 to patients suffering from chronic pain.
HF10 is an FDA-approved device that uses spinal cord stimulation to help reduce chronic back and leg pain. It is a safe and effective treatment option that has received superior outcomes and has been used to help treat over 28,000 people all around the world with chronic pain.
How does HF10 work?
HF10 is a small device that can be implanted into the lower back. It uses wires, which are located near the spine, to send high-frequency electrical pulses to the spinal cord. These electrical pulses are unnoticeable to the patient and help reduce or stop the pain signals that are being sent to the brain.
What makes HF10 different than other treatment options?
- Compared to traditional spinal cord stimulators, HF10 has been proven to work for more people as well as to more effectively relieve back and leg pain.
- HF10 does not use over-the-counter or prescription medication, including opioids.
- No major surgery is required. HF10 is able to be implanted through a minimally invasive outpatient procedure that allows patients to go home the same day.
- Unlike other spinal cord stimulators, HF10 does not cause tingling, or paresthesia, and can be used while driving.
- HF10 is covered by most insurance companies, including Medicare.
For more information or to schedule an appointment with Dr. Parikh, please call 704-865-0077 or request an appointment online.