According to our joint replacement experts, you may be ready for a joint replacement if you’re experiencing the following:
- You have joint pain that keeps you awake at night
- The pain in your knee prevents you from participating in your favorite recreational activities
- You have stiffness in your joint that limits your ability to move or lift your leg
- You have attempted more conservative methods (i.e., exercise and/or drug therapy) without success
Signs you are NOT ready for a joint replacement include:
- Joint pain that does not limit your routine activities
- You have not attempted more conservative treatment options
- Your symptoms are improving with conservative treatments
Recommendations for joint replacement surgery depend on your individual needs and goals and an evaluation by a joint replacement surgeon that involves your medical history, a physical examination, X-rays, and other tests.
Our joint replacement surgeons at Carolina Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Center specialize in reconstructive joint procedures including total knee, hip, and shoulder replacement. If you would like more information regarding joint pain or a total joint replacement, contact our doctors by calling (704) 325-4336 or schedule an appointment online.