Dr. Olson is a surgeon who is fellowship-trained in reconstructive foot and ankle. Dr. Olson began practicing at Carolina Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine Center in 2002.
After completing his bachelor's degree in biology at Missouri Southern State College in Joplin, Missouri, Dr. Olson received his medical degree at Des Moines University in Des Moines, Iowa. After medical school, he underwent a residency in podiatric surgery at West Houston Medical Center in Houston, Texas. While there, Dr. Olson also completed his fellowship in reconstructive ankle and foot.
Dr. Olson is certified by the American Board of Foot & Ankle Surgery and board-qualified in Foot and Reconstructive Rearfoot/Ankle Surgery.
When he is not seeing patients, Dr. Olson enjoys spending time with his wife and children, playing golf, mountain biking, traveling, and skiing.
- Missouri Southern State College, Joplin, MO, 1994
- Des Moines University, Des Moines, IA, 1998
Residency, Podiatric Surgery
- West Houston Medical Center, 1998-2001
Fellowship, Reconstructive Foot and Ankle
- West Houston Medical Center, 2001-2002
American Board of Foot & Ankle Surgery
- Board-Qualified, Foot and Reconstructive Rearfoot/Ankle Surgery
- American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- American Podiatric Medical Association
- North Carolina Foot and Ankle Society
- Pi Delta National Podiatric Honor Society, University of Osteopathic Medicine and Health Sciences
- Earl Kaplan Award for Academic and Clinical Excellence, American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- Adult & Pediatric Deformity Correction
- Ankle Arthroscopy
- Ankle Arthritis / Instability
- Heel Pain