Dr. Archibald is an orthopaedic surgeon who specializes in ankle, hand, hip, total joint replacement, knee, sports medicine, and wrist. Dr. Archibald began practicing at Carolina Orthopaedic & Sport Medicine Center in 2005.
After completing his bachelor's degree in human biology at The University of Auckland in Auckland, New Zealand, Dr. Archibald went on to receive a bachelor of medicine as well as a bachelor of surgery at The University of Auckland Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences, also in Auckland, New Zealand. Thereafter, he did his internship in surgery at Auckland District Health Board. After completing his internship, he moved to the United States and completed his residency in orthopaedics at Case Western Reserve University/University Hospitals of Cleveland in Cleveland, Ohio.
Dr. Archibald is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and the American Board of Independent Medical Examiners.
When he is not seeing patients, Dr. Archibald enjoys skiing, biking, traveling (especially back to New Zealand), spending time with his family and grandchildren, and cooking.
- The University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand, 1975
- The University of Auckland Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences, Auckland, New Zealand, 1977
- Auckland District Health Board, Auckland, New Zealand, 1978-1979
- Case Western Reserve University/University Hospitals of Cleveland, Cleveland, OH, 1979-1983
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Board of Independent Medical Examiners
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member, North Carolina Medical Society
- Carolina Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Center
- Medical Advisor Southern Division, National Ski Patrol
- Medical Advisory Committee, National Ski Patrol
- Musculoskeletal Council, Gaston Memorial Hospital
- Physician Recognized by Nurses Award, Gaston Memorial Hospital
- Carpal Tunnel Release
- Hand Surgery
- Total Joint Replacement
- Sports Medicine
- Ski Injuries
- Fracture Managment