Dr. Johnson is an orthopaedic surgeon who is fellowship-trained in sports medicine and specializes in ankle, elbow, knee, and shoulder. He began practicing at Carolina Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Center in 2004.
After completing his bachelor's degree in biology at Cornell University in Ithaca, New York, Dr. Johnson earned his medical degree from Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York, New York. Following medical school, Dr. Johnson completed his residency in orthopaedic surgery and general surgery at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York, New York.
Dr. Johnson completed his fellowship in sports medicine at Pennsylvania Hospital in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and holds a Sports Subspecialty Certificate.
- Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, 1994
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY, 1998
Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery/General Surgery
- Mount Sinai Hospital, New York, NY, 1998-2003
Fellowship, Sports Medicine
- Pennsylvania Hospital, Philadelphia, PA, 2003-2004
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Sports Subspecialty Certificate
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Carolina Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Center
- Surgery, Pediatrics, Obstetrics/Gynecology, and Clinical Cardiology Clerkship Honors
- Patricia Levinson Fellowship
- ACL Reconstruction
- Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair
- Reverse Total Shoulder Replacement
- Anterior Hip Replacement
- Arthroscopic Surgery of the Shoulder, Hip, Knee, and Elbow
- Sports Medicine